LAST UPDATED: 04/24/2023
This Policy governs how Billhighway (dba “Billhighway”, “greekbill”, and “Impexium”) protects, collects, uses, shares, processes and stores your Personal Information via any online or offline interaction you may have with us. This Policy applies to www.Billhighway.co, www.greekbill.com, www.Impexium.com, or other related websites, mobile applications or other interactions (together the “Website”, “Websites”, “Billhighway”, “we”, “our”, “us”). Collectively, we refer to our online and offline interactions with you as the “Services”.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Billhighway collects Personal Information from Website visitors and End Users at several different points on our Websites in order to provide products and services on behalf of our clients. We utilize this information to contact you, conduct research and improve our products and services for you and our clients. We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, and doing research.
When you visit our Websites, we may collect Personal Information that you give us, as well as Personal Information we automatically collect from you. In general, we may collect and process the following:
Personal Information That You Provide to Us
- Identifying and Contact information which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you engage with us on social media, contact us when visiting our Websites, or attend events hosted by us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and other types of information described below.
- Membership information which is collected when you open an account with us or if you sign up to become a registered user of the Websites, we will ask you for information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number and payment details (if applicable). We may also request that you voluntarily provide other information, such as your demographic information, social media handles, certifications and/or additional Personal Information about you or your organization. You may be asked to confirm enrollment or your identity by entering a User ID and password, clicking on “acceptance buttons,” or other methods to verify your identity.
- Dues payment information, including financial information such as ACH and credit/debit card and account numbers used to register or pay on your account.
- Purchase information, including financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
Personal Information We Automatically Collect From You
We may also collect Personal Information from you through your use of our Websites. This includes online activity information and technical information about your Website activities. When you visit our Websites, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information about your visit, including, but not limited to, the pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, downloads, length of time spent on certain pages, page interaction activities (e.g., clicks, scrolling, etc.).
- Location Information in connection with services we offer via our Websites and mobile applications.
We also collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Websites, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use this technical information for various business purposes, including providing you with customer service, fraud prevention, marketing and improving our Websites and Services.
How Will We Use the Personal Information You Give Us?
Such purposes may include:
- providing our Services to users
- fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide Personal Information
- notifying you about changes to our Services
- publishing our own marketing and promotional materials
- auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our
- ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- developing new products and Services
- responding to legal requests or for other lawful activities, investigations, or government requests
- any other purpose with your consent
Please note that Billhighway will never request Personal Information (e.g., social security number, user IDs, or passwords) via unsolicited email. Be cautious when clicking on links in emails or responding to emails you have received, particularly when the message is urgent or threatening. By doing so, you may unknowingly download viruses or spyware that may cause you to be redirected to a fraudulent website.
Cookies & Other Technologies
Transferring Personal Information to the U.S.
Billhighway is headquartered in the United States. Information we collect about you will be processed in the United States. By using Billhighway’s services, you acknowledge that your personal information will be processed in the United States. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union (EU) under Article 45 of the GDPR. Pursuant to Article 46 of the GDPR, Billhighway is providing for appropriate safeguards by entering binding, standard data protection clauses, enforceable by data subjects in the EU.
Depending on the circumstance, Billhighway also collects and transfers to the U.S. personal data with consent or to perform a contract with you. Billhighway endeavors to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal data and to use it only consistent with your relationship with us and the practices described herein.
How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
We retain Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with legal, regulatory, or internal procedures or obligations.
Social Media Pages
We may have Social Media pages and/or accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other Social Media platforms which permit you to post public messages or responses to articles, comments, or other postings. You should be aware that any such posting may become public (including any associated Personal Information).
We reserve the right to remove any posting or content in a posting on our Social Media pages in our sole and absolute discretion.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
Confidentiality of Payment Information
Billhighway uses third parties to provide ACH and Credit Card processing capabilities on our Websites and to provide Services on our behalf to help with our business activities. When you make a payment, we will provide payment information as necessary for the third party to facilitate the payment transfer. Information that is exchanged with the processor may include the name, address, and cardholder account number. These third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any other purpose.
Personal Information/Data Integrity
Billhighway will never share, rent, trade, or sell Payment Information given to us by you to a third party for marketing purposes. Only Personal Information about your account or transfers will be disclosed to third parties or to new billers: a) where it is necessary for opening or maintaining your account, or for completing transfers or payments, b) if lawfully required or, c) if you request or authorize it.
We may provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Protection of Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks and test the strength of our security.
We retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. We also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Accurate & Updated Information
Upon request, Billhighway will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may update or delete your Personal Information by making the change on our member information page, by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us by phone at 1.866.245.5499. We shall provide information on the action taken on a request without undue delay.
Depending on where you reside, you may have additional legal rights with respect to your information. In the United States, if state law is more protective of an individual’s privacy than federal privacy law, we will protect information in accordance with state law while also meeting federal requirements.
If you wish to exercise those rights, please refer to our How to Contact Us section. Note that we are required to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request before we provide a response. We will disclose and deliver the required information in accordance with the laws of your residential state after receiving a verifiable request.
Supplemental Notice to Visitors From Outside of the United States
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) regulates the online collection of personal information from children by technology companies. Billhighway does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16. If you are a parent of a child under 16, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about themselves, please see the How to Contact Us section for information. We will take commercially reasonable steps to remove that information.
You may update your communication preferences by following the instructions contained in an applicable email you receive from us. If you continue to utilize our services you may continue to receive invoices, statements, transactions notices, critical service updates and similar communications. In addition, you may continue to receive marketing communications from us while we update our records to reflect your opt-out choice.
If you would like to discontinue receiving this content, you may update your marketing preferences by contacting us at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
5435 Corporate Drive
Troy, MI 48098
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 1.866.245.5499