Effective Date: March 15, 2022
c/o greekbill Inc.
23224 Crenshaw Blvd
Torrance, CA 90505
Information We Collect and How It Is Used
We may collect several types of information from or about you, including:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a greekbill Account or other greekbill service that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, university, fraternity or sorority chapter, an account password or similar identifying information). In using our Services, you may also provide us with another individual’s personal information. For example, in creating a message for chapter dues, you may provide the personal information of fellow chapter members so that they may be contacted using our Services. In addition, for certain Services, such as payment processing, we request credit card or other payment account information. Lastly, we may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other greekbill services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and/or to improve the quality of our Services.
- Social Media – We may collect personal information about you when you use our Social Media.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services.
- Log information – When you access our Website or Mobile Sites,we automatically record information your browser sends whenever you visit a website or mobile site. These server logs may include information such as your web request, browsing patterns, Internet Protocol address, operating system, traffic data, location data, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, computer or device. These automatic data collection technologies help us personalize and continually improve our Services and your experience on our Services.
- California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings or signals. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals. It is our view that a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We may adopt such a standard once one is created, developed and widely and consistently used.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and/or improve our Services.
- Links – Greekbill may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve our Services.
- Providing our Services to users;
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide personal information;
- Notifying you about changes to our Services or services we offer;
- Publishing our own marketing and promotional materials;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Developing new services; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
As noted above, we may use your information to contact you about our Services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not sign up for our subscription services. If you have already received emails through our subscription services, and you wish to discontinue/unsubscribe from the services, you may send us an email at email@example.com stating your request. You may also have the option to unsubscribe by responding to the email (sent via the subscription services) with “STOP” or “UNSUBSCRIBE”. Please make sure you identify which group/association you would like to discontinue receiving emails from.
We may use your information to contact you and/or the recipients you have designated to receive content via SMS messages. You and the recipients (as applicable) are responsible for all messaging and data charges that may apply. You and the intended recipients can opt-out of receiving SMS messages by texting “STOP” at any time in response to a SMS communication.
Greekbill processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own Services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions from your member organization or our advertising partners.
Choices for Personal Information
Greekbill shares personal information only with other companies or individuals outside of greekbill in the following limited circumstances:
- We provide such information to other companies or individuals to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- We provide such information to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our Services and who are bound by contractual obligations and/or applicable data privacy and security laws to keep your personal information confidential, including our third party service providers who process credit card payments and third parties who collect persistent identifiers on our Services (including, for example, Google Analytics).
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO BE REPORTED TO GOOGLE ANALYTICS, YOU CAN INSTALL THE FOLLOWING: GOOGLE ANALYTICS OPT-OUT.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. Such parties are bound by contractual obligations and/or applicable data privacy and security laws to keep your personal information confidential.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental or regulatory request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of greekbill, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may provide such information to a buyer or other successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred.
- We may provide such information to publish our own marketing and promotional materials.
- We may provide such information when we have your consent.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal information.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, if applicable. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe any of the information we possess about you is incorrect, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented technological and security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure of your personal information. Although we implement such measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services or be responsible if it is lost, misused or disclosed. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer or mobile device. Be sure to sign-off when finished using any computer or mobile device, especially a shared computer or mobile device, and you are strongly encouraged to use other reasonable measures to secure your sensitive information.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Social Media Pages
We may have Social Media pages and/or accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other Social Media platforms which permit you to post public messages or responses to articles, comments or other postings. You should be aware that any such posting is likely to become public (including any personal information in connection with it).
We reserve the right to remove any posting or content in a posting on our Social Media pages in our sole and absolute discretion.
c/o greekbill Inc.
23224 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is greekbill’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between greekbill and an individual.
EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS
Billhighway (greekbill) has its headquarters in the United States and information we collect about you will be processed in the United States. By using our Website or services, you acknowledge that your personal information will be processed in the United States. The European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), regulates the processing by an individual, a company, or an organization of personal data relating to individuals in the EU.
If you reside within the EU, you may request the following with regard to your personal information:
- Access to your personal data
- The purpose for collecting your personal data and recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- Correction of your personal data that is inaccurate
- Erasure or deletion of your personal data when such data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or when such data was processed unlawfully
- Objection or restriction to the processing your personal data
- Information regarding any automated decision making used to process your personal data
You may exercise the rights listed above with regard to your personal information by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.800.457.3816.
We are required to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request before we provide a response. We will disclose and deliver the required information within one month of receiving a verifiable request. Please be advised that we may need to extend the time period to meet your request when reasonably necessary.
Please be advised that we may not be required to comply with your deletion request if it is necessary to maintain your personal information in order to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected or provide a good or service you have requested.
Billhighway (greekbill) will continuously monitor and implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that processing is performed in accordance with the GDPR regulation.
If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information AS DESCRIBED HEREIN, do not provide us with Personal Information or use our services.